Lee Frost Photography
1:1 TUITION NOW AVAILABLE!
From January 2021 I’ll be offering 1:1 tuition in addition to my usual group workshops. The aim of 1:1 tuition is to give you the opportunity to spend a day (or more!) with me and tailor the workshop to your specific needs. That way, you get exactly what you want from the experience, and you’ll hopefully return home with some fantastic images, as well as feeling that your photographic skills have improved. Techniques we can cover include:
• Use of filters – ND grads, polarisers, ‘extreme’ NDs (I have spare sets of Lee Filters that you are welcome to use)
• Composition, depth-of-field and general landscape technique
• Long exposure photography to record motion in a scene and create fine art images
• Infrared photography (I can provide a converted camera if you don’t already have one)
• Black & white photography – how to shoot and convert
• Location finding – if you’re already a confident photographer, maybe you’d like to get to know an area better?
• A bit of everything – simply join me for a dawn-to-dusk day of coastal photography and we’ll do a bit of everything!
• Post processing – I make no secret of the fact that I’m not a Photoshop or Lightroom guru as I see image editing as a means to an end. However, I know what I know, and I am happy to demonstrate my approach to processing Raw files in Adobe Camera Raw and also converting colour images to black & white using Silver Efex Pro 2
Each day you will receive 8-10 hours tuition, and depending on the time of year, the weather and where the workshop is taking place, that may include a sunrise shoot, a sunset shoot, or both! If you book time with me and as the day/s approaches it looks like the weather is going to be bad, I am also prepared to re-schedule so your time (and money) isn’t wasted.
As well as working with individuals, I am happy for a small group of up to three people to join me, so if you and one or two photography friends fancy coming along together, that’s fine. The cost of each day increases depending on the number of participants - £325 per day for 1 person; £375 per day for 2 people; £425 per day for 3 people.
I live close to the Lizard Peninsula in Cornwall, so this area would be ideal for 1:1 tuition – location such as Kynance Cove, Lizard Point, Gunwalloe Beach and Mullion Cove are all within easy reach. I am also happy to travel to the North Coast of Cornwall and cover locations there (Sandymouth Beach, Crackington Haven, Boscastle, Trebarwith Strand, Trevose Head etc), or West Cornwall (St Michael’s Mount, Land’s End, Porth Nanven, Botallack mines, Godrevy Lighthouse etc). If you prefer land to coast, we could spend our time exploring wild Dartmoor as I know the area well. I would also recommend Dartmoor if you’re interested in learning about infrared photography as the locations there are better suited.
I can be flexible with dates, but need to work around my residential workshops and photography tours. If you’d like to book 1:1 tuition with me, your best bet is to email email@example.com with suggested dates and I will confirm if I am available. If you book me for more than one day outside of Cornwall and I am required to stay overnight in a hotel, the cost of my accommodation will be added to the workshop cost.
At A Glance...
Deposit / Price
£100.00 / £325.00
01st January - 31st December, 2021
Minimum 10 hours of tuition per day from Lee Frost, loan of equipment (subject to availability), transport during the workshop
Meals, accommodation, transport to the workshop venue, insurance
Cornwall and Devon
Max Group Size